Train for Gains on the Central Coast
There’s no better place to train for upcoming races than on the Central Coast. With a variety of terrain and sweeping views of the Pacific around every turn, your training will be more enjoyable than ever before.
Spend a four-day weekend on the Central Coast and take advantage of the many routes and resources to push your training to the next level. Whether you’re an intermediate rider or an advanced pro, with Cycle Central Coast, you can customize a plan for riding on and around Highway 1 that will suit your needs. The best part about staying in Cambria for your training getaway is that the town is cycling-friendly, so you can explore by bike and leave your car at your lodging property.
The Ultimate Central Coast Training Weekend
- Arrive in Cambria
- Have lunch with an ocean view at Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill
- Go for a walk on the Moonstone Beach Boardwalk
- Explore Cambria by bike
- Enjoy a unique, hearty meal at Black Cat Bistro
- Have a slice of olallieberry pie for dessert
- Have coffee and breakfast at Lily’s Coffeehouse
- Kick off training with the 35-mile Piedras Blancas Route going north from Cambria OR go all the way to Gorda to double your distance
- Have lunch at Boni’s Tacos, a local food truck staple
- Stretch it out with a yoga class at Tula Yoga
- Taste local wines at Fermentations
- Refuel with dinner on the patio at Indigo Moon
- Have breakfast at the Hidden Kitchen, a seasonal spot known for their delicious blue corn waffles
- Stop by Soto’s True Earth Market to grab lunch on-the-go, or plan to stop for food in Cayucos
- Hit the road for a more intense 47-mile ride that goes east on Santa Rosa Creek Road and then takes you south to Cayucos before going back up Highway 1 OR take on the 100-mile loop loop to Avila Beach and back
- Have dinner at Wild Ginger for fresh Asian-fusion fare
- Sleep in and have a late breakfast at the Café
- Soothe your sore muscles with a massage at the Nest Spa (don’t miss out on the spa and sauna!)
- Have lunch at Robin’s Restaurant for farm-to-table, internationally-inspired dishes
- Depart from Cambria… but come back soon!