September 30 – October 7, 2023
Arthritis Foundation’s Amgen California Coast Classic Bike Tour
The Amgen California Coast Classic Bike Tour in September on the Central Coast is one of the premier annual cycling events on the West Coast, raising funds for the Arthritis Foundation. The CCC Bike Tour takes 250 participants on a scenic bike ride that covers 525 miles along the coast on Highway 1 over eight days.
During those eight days, take in the rolling hills while catching the breathtaking coastal cliff and beachside views. You’ll pass by hotspots for unique wildlife in the area along with lighthouses and other marvels of historical significance.
The full-service ride stops at various lodging properties and campsites that aren’t usually open to large groups.
The Tour starts in the heart of San Francisco and ends in the iconic Pacific Palisades of Los Angeles, passing through the coastal towns of San Simeon, Cambria, and Avila Beach along the way.
Who Can Ride the California Coast Classic Bike Tour?
The “CCC,” as it is affectionately known but not to be confused with Cycle Central Coast, is a full-service ride that provides the framework for one of the most incredible experiences of a lifetime.
From beginners to experienced cyclists, everyone is welcome to enjoy the coastline’s famous wineries, lighthouses, and beaches.
How to Participate
1. Register at the event website’s registration link.
2. Donate using the donation button at the event website.
3. Participate individually, or as a team.
The Virtual Option
Yes, the California Coast Classic does have a virtual option! Those who can’t join the Bike Tour can instead ride through ACE: Arthritis Challenge Experience.
Open to many types of activities, the ACE initiative through Challenge Hound allows you to join a community through which you can earn gear and gain recognition for your adventure prowess.
1. Register on Challenge Hound and select the “ACE” option.
2. Pay $35 registration fee. You’ll become an official ACE and will receive a 2002 official T-shirt.
3. Choose which adventure to do—you can choose from cycling, running, climbing, golfing, or anything else.
4. Track your progress and connect with the ACE and CCC community.
Although it’s not required, you can still raise money through ACE and earn incentive prizes.
Who to Contact for More Info on CCC and ACE
Check out the event website for the latest information. You can also contact:
- Shannon Marang Cox; firstname.lastname@example.org; (213) 634-3772
- Debbie Daugherty; email@example.com; (213) 631-7528